mercoledì, Gennaio 26, 2022

Important discovery by ENI in the offshore of the Ivory Coast

-

ENI has announced an important oil discovery in the CI-101 block offshore Ivory Coast. The block is operated by a consortium made up in the exploratory phase of ENI (as operator) for 90% and Petroci Holding for the remaining 10%.

The exploration well that led to the discovery of light oil (40 ° API) in two different stratigraphic intervals was drilled on the Baleine prospect, with the support of the Government of the Republic of the Ivory Coast.

The discovery will require a delineation program to test the significant additional potential of the overall structure that extends into the adjacent block CI-802, also operated by ENI with the same Joint-Venture and participatory interest in the exploratory phase.

The well was drilled about 60 kilometers from the coast, at a depth of about 1200 meters; the activities were carried out by the Saipem 10000 drill ship and the maximum depth of 3,445 meters was reached in one month.

The Baleine-1x well was located on the basis of a complete analysis of 3D seismic data and regional geological studies on the sedimentary basin of the Ivory Coast.

Now, given the petrophysical properties of the CI-101 block found and judged between fair to good, ENI and the partner Petroci Holding will proceed to an initial production phase.

The potential of the discovery is particularly important; in fact, it is preliminarily estimated between 1.5 and 2 billion barrels of oil in place with 1.8 and 2.4 trillion cubic feet (TCF) of associated gas.

Baleine-1x is the first exploration well drilled by ENI in the Ivory Coast. In addition to the CI-101 block, ENI owns a stake in four other blocks in the Ivorian deepwater: CI-205, CI-501, CI-504 and CI-802, all with the same partner Petroci Holding.

Ultime notizie

I primi contenitori/lanciatori Mk 2 allestiti in Norvegia da Kongsberg per il National Advanced Surface to Air Missile System...
La National Nuclear Security Administration, agenzia federale che cura la sicurezza delle armi nucleari e dei reattori nucleari dell'US...
In conseguenza di alcuni rumors, Leonardo ha voluto precisare che il programma Eurofighter con il Kuwait sta procedendo in...
The Spanish media Revista Ejércitos has echoed the test carried out by ESCRIBANO M&E for the Spanish Army to...

Da leggere

PT Pindad consegna al Esercito Indonesiano veicoli da combattimento e da trasporto

Il Ministro della Difesa indonesiano, Prabowo Subianto, ha...

Avvicendamento al Comando Operativo di Vertice Interforze

Difesa avvicendamento alla guida del Comando Operativo di Vertice...